Monday, November 11, 2013

Three Minutes with a View


Normanday #102: Somebody should really clean this pane.

Write for three minutes about…

…what you see when you look out the window.

Email what you wrote to bigfootreads dot wernert at gmail dot com by the end of the day November 17 (put “Norman has Perfect Vision” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…something you would never do in a million years.


Tren Rewy Steb
Practice? No, why would I? I’m sure some people would, but not me. Tightrope walking isn’t so hard. I don’t think so anyway. It’s like walking on the ground except up high. If you don’t think about how high up you are, there’s no problem. So up I go. One foot in front of another. Am I wearing a sensible outfit? No, of course not. I have on a flashy, sequined pant suit with a purple feather boa wrapped around my neck. I may look funny, but how else are all the people below going to see me? And the boa blocks my vision so I can’t see the long drop to the hard ground. This may be the best idea I’ve ever had. I don’t know why I’ve never walked on a tightrope while wearing high heels and swim goggles before. When I’m done with this, the next thing I’m absolutely-why-shouldn’t-I going to do is go skydiving while grooming an Angora rabbit.

No comments: