Monday, May 27, 2013

Three Minutes Channeling a Spirit

Normanday #78: Do they have waffles on the other side?

You’ve made contact with the other side. For three minutes, channel the spirit and share what they have to say.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day June 2 (put “Norman is a Contender for a Pulitzer” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

……the weirdest place you ever fell asleep.


Norman the Half-Invisible Turtle
I sat next to a kid with a chocolate ice cream stain on his shirt. I doubted he met the height requirement, but neither did I. Once we started moving, he looked queasy, but the side-to-side motion lulled me. My lids drooped, even with the gust of wind pushing at them. When I did doze off, I was startled awake by screams. Soon even the screams were like lullabies and I was sound asleep. I dreamt I was flying and that I crashed into a gooey puddle of brown foam. When I woke, I was covered in chocolate ice cream puke. That was the first and last time I rode the Catatonia Curlicue. 

No comments: